We usually recommend that you wait and book your tours through reception. We can try and predict the best weather day for your activity.
Here’s a brief idea of some things to do on ‘Maggie’ – besides chilling out!:
- World famous toad races
- Golf and bowls clubs
- Magnetic Island’s BEST Bus Tour
- Island fringe coral snorkeling trips
- Jet-ski circumnavigation of the Island
- Breakfast with the Koalas
- Sea kayaking
- Stage Door Theatre Restaurant
- Sailing trip
- Dive trips to the S. S. Yongala site
- History museum
- Great bush and beach walks including our most popular walk to The Forts
- Beautiful scenery – it’s a wonderful place to enjoy the beauty of nature and put the demands of busy lives in perspective, including our 23 beaches and bays.
What else is on Magnetic Island?
If you need more information on what to do while you visit the island, check out whatsonmagneticisland.com.au. It’s our local event website that also has lots of handy information that will make your stay a real adventure!
You can also download the ‘Top Things To Do’ list and check out the Annual Events page to make sure you don’t miss out on the Magnetic Island Bay Dayz Festival (Sept – Oct) and other excellent island festivities.
Going to Townsville for the day?
Strand Water Park – most of you with children spy it on your taxi ride from the airport to the ferry! Just remember it’s closed every Tuesday and Wednesday (but open daily during Qld and NSW school holidays).